Terms & Conditions
The Client agrees to use the vehicle in accordance with the following rules of use:
- The vehicle must not be used in contravention to traffic regulation. If the Lessor has to pay fines due to the Renter’s breaking traffic regulations, these will be billed to the Renter, which has the obligation to pay them in 15 days after the billing date.
- The vehicle cannot be used to transport passengers or property for remuneration.
- The vehicle cannot be used to illegally transport passengers or property.
- The vehicle cannot be used as a drive school vehicle.
- The vehicle cannot be used against the manufacturer’s usage instructions.
- The vehicle can only be driven by the renter or another person mentioned in the renting contract.
- The vehicle cannot be used to tow another vehicle or object without the Lessor’s written permission.
- The vehicle cannot be used by the Renter or any other driver if he is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, narcotics, barbiturates or any other substance impairing his consciousness or ability to react.
- The vehicle cannot be repaired in a service other than one selected and authorized by the Lessor.
- The vehicle cannot be used in any race, performance test or contest.
- The vehicle must not be left with the keys in contact, doors/windows/boot opened.
- The Client agrees to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as delivered.
- If the vehicle suffer any damage due to bad use, the Lessor reserves the right to bill the Renter for the cost of repairing the damage.
- The Renter cannot sell, re-rent or use the vehicle as collateral.
- The vehicle cannot be used outside Serifos Island.
THE RENTER IS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DISREGARD OF THE CONDITIONS OF USE.
DELIVERY AND RETURN
The vehicle is delivered to the Renter in good condition, without apparent defects and any complaints to its condition must be made to the Lessor immediately on delivery. The Renter agrees to return, accessories and equipment in good condition to the Lessor at the location on the date and time designated in the agreement. Over 3 hours delay from agreed return time specified in rental agreement (if Renter does not notify the Lessor by telephone) the Lessor reserves the right to notify immediately the police for car theft.
The rental price and the deposit will be computed on the basis of the prices written on this contract and will be paid at the moment of delivery. The payment made at the moment of delivery cannot be used to extend the rental period.
If the client wishes to extend the rental period, he must obtain written permission from the Lessor. The Client will pay any extension on the contract in advance. The payment can be made in cash or with credit card (VISA, American Express, and MasterCard) in Euro. The oil, the maintenance of the vehicle, the VAT and the Insurance R.C.A. (Asigurarea de raspundere civila auto) are included in the price. The fuel is not included in the price. The Renter must pay the following to the Lessor:
- The renting time specified in the contract. The minimum rental period is 24 hours. The first 2 hours after the end of the rental period are free of charge. Any delay after that will be charged as a full day according to the rental price.
- Any fine or tax that the renter received or will receive for breaking traffic regulations or illegal parking during the contract.
- If he loses the car keys or documents, the renter will pay the amount of 200€.
When the car or motorcycle is delivered by the company to the tenant, the tenant must provide credit card details. The details of the customer's credit card will be an integral part of the copy of the lease agreement that remains in the company's office for the entire duration of the lease. The customer's credit card will be charged the cost of any damage caused by the customer and is not covered by car insurance (See Damage Insurance Annex). The cost of the damage will be in line with the assessment of an authorized car repair shop.
This is insurance is valid only in Greece. KRINAS S.A. provides insurance coverage against third parties only to those who have been granted permission (or authority) to use the car and who have previously checked and accepted the conditions of the insurance policy (or ... accepted the insurance policy). The lessee, authorized drivers and other passengers are not covered by the insurance policy. The renter’s – or driver’s or passengers’ – luggage and other possessions are not covered by the insurance policy either.
KRINAS S.A. bears no responsibility for any loss, damage, etc. The client may narrow his liability towards the vehicle of the company down to 500.00€. Under no circumstances will the insurance policy cover any damage to the car’s tires and bottom. The beneficiary provisions listed above do not apply if there has been a violation of the road Traffic Act, or if the driver has been apprehended under the influence of liquor or drugs. The client is responsible and will pay for the following:
- Damages caused by inappropriate maintenance of the rented car, and also of the engine, gearbox or due to lack or insufficient oiling or overheat.
- Damages caused to any sub-assembly of the vehicle by nonobservance of safety rules for driving on public roads.
- Damages caused to any good existing in the vehicle by the negligence of the Client or passengers.
- Damages caused to the vehicle due to taking part in contests or races or due to anything that breaks the rules of this contract.
- Damages caused to rented vehicle in case the accident happened driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, narcotics, barbiturates, or any other substance that affected the ability to focus or drive, as well as during committing crimes to legal rules of driving.
- Theft or theft attempt, unconfirmed by the police, or if the police has not registered a complaint regarding the theft or theft attempt. The Lessor cannot be held responsible for accidents suffered by the renter or their companions, or third parties, even if the Renter supplied false information regarding their identity, their address or their driving license. The Lessor declines any responsibility to third parties for any damage produced by the Renter during the contract. You agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorney fees we incur resulting from, or arising out of, this rental and your use of the vehicle.
The Lessor is not responsible for loss, theft, or destruction of property belonging to the Renter or third parties.
In case of accident or theft the Renter has the following obligations:
- Obtaining the names and addresses of parties involved in the accident.
- Obtaining a copy of the ID/Passport, driving license, car certificate and insurance of the other party involved in the accident.
- Obtaining the name and address of any eye witness.
- Not leaving the vehicle without taking necessary cautions for its protection and guard.
- Notifying the Police without delay if any accident, fire, theft or attempted theft, even if the damage is only partial.
- Informing the Lessor in 24 hours after any accident, fire, theft or attempted theft, even if the damage is only partial.
- Obtaining the Police Report together with the note of driving or not under the influence of alcohol (The Police Report must mention, in the case of accident, the note of driving or not under the influence of alcohol).
- Obtaining the second annex for the insurance company.
- Obtaining the Repair Authorization from the Police.
The Renter or any other driver who has the right to drive the vehicle, according to the contract, are responsible for any breaking of the law which took place during this Contract.
All differences are to be resolved in Greek Courts.
All differences are to be resolved according to the Greek law.
- The guests will be charged 20% of the total price, if they cancel in the 14 days before arrival, of a reservation during May-June and September-October.
- The guests will be charged 20% of the total price if they cancel in the 42 days before arrival, of a reservation during July-August.
No deposit is required.